Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A date with darkness

Darkness covers the face of the mountain.
A candle is lit
While creatures of the night creep out.
The orchestra plays sweet melodies
Everyone with their own unique instrument.
The cricket creeks
The geco goes geco-geco
A bird calls out to his loved one
I close my eyes and listen to the night
Singing away in darkness.
Calming my spirit and brining rest to my soul

I can just hear the frog singing:
“Don’t worry, about a thing. Cause every little thing is gonna be alright.”

And everything is alright.
But it wasn’t always this way
I got my heart broken by a Thai guy.
The kindies were driving me crazy.
My best friend heard that he might have cancer
And I hated living in town with car enjins being reffed at my window.

But then I remembered what my mother used to say:
“This too shall pass.”
I held on to her words and started looking for solutions to my problems.
I asked around for places outside of town.
A kind man hooked me up with a tree house in the jungle.
Far far away from any mechanic shops.

I realized how many cool forang friends I have
And started hanging out with them more often
Soon enough I found a certain liking in an American sweetheart.

I started using a different approach to teaching kindies
Less screaming and more singing.
My best friend went for an operation and is going to be okay.

Whatever life throws at you:
Learn from it, become more knowledgeable.
And grow- one step at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home